The Confederation for Working Equitation is a unified governing body for the development and further promotion of Working Equitation in the United States.
The Confederation’s original Executive Board consists of four original directors nominated or elected by the boards of the founding organizations (WEIAUSA and USFWE: representing six other founding organizations in the USA):
Jill Glasspool Malone, PhD
Future Executive Board members will be appointed by the sitting Executive Board
• Region 1 Northwest Kim Roe – KimRoe@Confederationwe.us
• Region 2 Southwest Ashley Bowers -Ashley@confederationwe.us
• Region3 Northern Great Plains Kate Fowler - Kate@confederationwe.us
• Region4 Southern Great Plains Natalia Lord – Natalia@confederationwe.us
• Region 5 Great Lakes vacant
• Region 6 Northeast Kat Waters – Kat@confederationwe.us
• Region 7 Southeast Maria Blackstone – Maria@confederationwe.us
• International Liaison Vacant
Committees manage the day-to-day business of the Confederation under the guidance of the Executive Director and Executive Board.
Bylaws: Dr. Jill G Malone, Chair
Competitions & Events: Jeanne Bond, Chair
Compliance, Ethics & Appeals: Dr. Jill G Malone, Chair
Licensed Officials: Dr. Rebecca Yount, Chair
Marketing & Promotions: Dr. Jill G Malone, Chair
Medals & Awards: Karen Burch, Chair
Membership/Horse Recording: Seth Marshall, Chair
National Show: Jo Teter, Chris Stanko
Youth Development: Megan Malen, Chair
To ensure the work of the Confederation is guided by the membership, each of these committees will be further staffed with volunteers. Members interested in volunteering for committee-work should contact Executive Director Tarrin Warren. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The functions of the founding organizations under the Confederation umbrella have been defined to best utilize the strengths of each organization.